Teacher Appreciation Week
It takes a special person to want to educate children not of their own. It takes a special person to understand that everything they say and do affects young minds that can impact the future of our world. They are not just teaching basic subjects of History, English, Science and Mathematics, they are teaching character, responsibility and intelligence. As a result, teachers wear many hats that are not written into their job description.
The first day a teacher steps into the classroom, hats are tossed at them like a ring toss on a bottle of a carnival game. Some of their hats include:
- Entertainer to keep the students engaged
- Tutor for struggling students
- Cheerleader encouraging kids that they can reach their potential or conquer nerves
- Boy/Girl Scout, always prepared with tools, first aid and food
- Event coordinators for field trips and special parties or ceremonies
- Friend for kids who are lonely, upset or want to share their successes and failures from extra curricular activities
- Nurse for basic aches and pains
- Extension of mom/dad reminding them to wear jackets, wash hands, clean up messes, be respectful
- Conductor while groups and individuals are working on projects at different paces
- Detectives for missing items, usually hidden under their pile of books
- Magician causing distractions to help students avoid embarrassment or to keep the kids focused during an unusual circumstance
- Zoo keepers for when the kids are caged indoors
And this list is only the beginning! At Fun Services, we take our hats off to teachers all over the world and would like to help during Teacher Appreciation Week. In honor of these special ladies and gentlemen, we would like to offer each teacher a free wooden rose. These roses can be used by the PTA or school staff as decorations for teacher appreciation event, delivered to each classroom or used to decorate the teacher’s lounge. Contact us to make arrangements for these free roses to be delivered to your school. Call: 800-300-6380.